Every fragrance oil will list the maximum rates allowed by IFRA. The numbered categories for different products are listed below. Just match the category numbers below to the ones listed in the scent's description and those will be the maximum amounts allowed before skin irritation occurs. Those numbers are not the actual usage rates, just the maximum rates.
IFRA Compliance Statement
--IFRA (International Fragrance Association) provides guidelines for safe usage of fragrant chemicals and essential oils in perfumes and skincare.
1. Toys, Lip products of all types (solid and liquid lipsticks, balms, clear or colored, etc . . . )
2. Deodorant and antiperspirant products of all types (sprays, roll-on, stick, under-arm and body, etc . . . )
3. Hydroalcoholic products (EdT and fine fragrance range) applied to recently shaved skin (3A and 3B), Eye products of all types including eye cream, men's facial creams and balms (3C), and tampons (3D)
4. Hydroalcoholic products (including scent strips ) (EdT and fine fragrance range) applied to unshaved skin, ingredients of perfume kits, hair styling aids and hair sprays, hair deodorants, body creams, foot care products.
5. Women's facial creams, facial make-up (excluding eye cream), facial masks, hand cream, wipes are refreshing tissues for face, neck, body, hands.
6. Mouthwash and toothpaste.
7. Intimate wipes, baby wipes, insect repellent intended to be applied directly to the skin.
8. Make-up removers of all types (not including face cleansers), hair styling aids non-spray of all types (mousse, gels, leave-in conditioners, etc), nail care, all powders and talcs including baby powders and talcs.
9. Liquid and bar soap, depilatory, rinse-off conditioners, shampoos of all types including baby, facial cleansers , shaving creams , body washes, shower gels of all types, feminine hygiene pads and liners, other aerosols including air fresheners. Bath Gels, Foams, Mousses, Salts, Oils and Other Products Added To Bathwater
10. Hand and machine wash laundry detergents of all types including bleaches, other household cleaning products, dry cleaning kits, fabric softeners, hard surface cleaners of all types, pet shampoos, diapers, toilet seat wipes.
11. All non-skin contact including air fresheners of all types (excluding aerosols), toilet blocks, incense, insecticides excluding aerosols, non-toy plastic articles, candles, fuels, paints, floor wax, all incidental skin contact, dish wash detergent, fabric.